1. We are committed to safeguarding personal privacy. We recognise that you have a right to control how your personal information is collected and used. Providing personal information is an act of trust and it is taken seriously. Unless given consent to do otherwise, we will only collect and use personal information as set out below.
6. Personal information that may be requested includes:
8. Personal information may be collected (and combined) via our Collection Channels if you:
9. Personal information is requested in order to facilitate or provide you with certain content, products or services, and information about such content, products or services (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website, and purchase transactions undertaken on a Website), marketing materials, newsletters, electronic newsletters (e-newsletters), news and media releases / launch information, and also to advise you of our other or third party products, services, offers, competitions or events which may be of interest. No one is obligated to provide personal information. However, failure to do so may result in us being unable to facilitate or provide you with certain content, products or services, products or services information, upcoming promotion, competition, offer or event information or accept competition entries (where applicable).
10. Personal information collected will be used for the following primary purposes:
11.In order to operate a Website or deliver a service (including for example, processing of credit card payments), personal information may also be shared with our group companies, selected service providers and/or other trusted third parties either in Australia or overseas countries which may include but are not limited to UK, USA, China, Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, Thailand, and New Zealand. Our group companies, selected service providers and/or other trusted third parties may be engaged by us to perform a variety of functions, such as data storage, fulfilling orders, conducting market research, processing credit card payments, assisting with promotions and providing technical services for our Websites. These companies may have access to personal information if needed to perform such functions. Your credit card details are only used to facilitate your purchase of products from us. They are not used for any other purpose and will never be supplied to a third party.
13. Our group companies (and their directors, servants and agents), our promotional partners or trusted third parties (and other selected service providers and other non-Astill Legal Group companies or professionals) either in Australia or overseas, may contact you via telephone, SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), IM (Instant Messaging), FM (Facebook Message) and email, post or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel using the information provided in order to contact you in respect of the primary purposes for collection of personal information as stated above.
from us or a group company or our promotional partners, which you do not wish to receive, you may remove your name from the database either by utilising the functional unsubscribe
facility (if the communication is via commercial electronic message) or by contacting us in writing:
The Privacy Officer
Astill Legal Group Pty Ltd
PO Box 1229
Southport BC QLD 4215
Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
15. Despite removing your name from the database from receiving future advertising and marketing information, we may send you non-commercial “Administrative Emails”. Administrative Emails relate to your user account and may include administrative and transaction confirmations, requests and inquiries or information about a particular user account. If you do not wish to receive such communications from us, you may remove your name from the database by utilising the functional unsubscribe facility.
16. You have the right to access and review your personal information that may be recorded on our database. Information may be reviewed by contacting our privacy officer via email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
17. Information may be reviewed by contacting our privacy officer via email: email@example.com Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
18. In the same way, a request may be made to delete personal information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information may result in us being unable to facilitate or provide you with information about certain transactions (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website, and purchase transactions undertaken on a Website), other content, services or product information, upcoming promotion, competition or event information, and/or provide certain content, goods or services.
19. We are not responsible for removing your personal information from the lists of any third party who has previously been provided your information in accordance with this policy.
20. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information recorded (including your credit card details), and to keep this information accurate, up to date, complete and relevant. The information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. This service may be performed on our behalf and data may be hosted by our selected data storage providers. In some cases these facilities may be overseas, including in USA, China, UK and NZ.
21. In some cases, we may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients, including but not limited to recipients in other countries. The recipients employees, data processors and other trusted third parties are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, security of communications over the Internet cannot be guaranteed, and therefore absolute assurance that information will be secure at all times cannot be given. We will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to personal information.
22. Our Websites may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of the third party website. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. We are not responsible, nor does it accept any liability, for the conduct of companies linked to our Websites.
23. Our Websites may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of the third party website. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. We are not responsible, nor does it accept any liability, for the conduct of companies linked to our Websites.